Tunisian Crochet for Beginners – our BRAND NEW workshop!
Tunisian (or Afghan) crochet is considered a mixture of knitting and crochet, although you don’t need any experience of either to learn this craft. This workshop is suitable for complete beginners who have never knitted or crocheted before, or for any yarn crafters who would like to diversify their skill set.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Grasp the basic terminology, including the forward pass & return pass
- Know what specialised equipment is needed
- Understand how your hook size, tension, and yarn weight affects the outcome of your finished piece
- Be able to cast a foundation chain and complete the first row forward pass (using the simple stitch)
- Successfully complete the return pass, and continue in rows using the simple stitch
- Skill permitting: Complete or observe the method of the Tunisian knit stitch
- Learn how to cast (bind) off and finish your piece
Each workshop lasts for 2 hours and is delivered live online via Zoom. The session costs £30 per person and includes a Tunisian Crochet for Beginners Guide as well as after-class support.
If you are left handed, this will not affect your learning capability. Tunisian crochet is an ambidextrous craft and can be taught in the same way to both right and left handed people.
You will need:
- 5mm/5.5mm/6mm Tunisian (afghan) crochet hook
- Light coloured Aran/worsted weight yarn
- Internet connection
- Zoom application
It is important not to deviate from the above recommendations, as these will help you to see your stitches clearer and learn with the most suitable sized hook and yarn weight.
For all your yarn, hook, crochet, and craft supplies, visit our amazing partners at Lovecrafts.
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, November 22, 2023 – Beginners Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, November 23, 2023 – Beginner's Crochet Online - Level 1
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, November 24, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, November 25, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Online - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, December 1, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Online - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am, December 2, 2023 – Kids Crochet Online - Level 1