Tunisian Crochet Cheshire – Level 1
The Hanging Gate, Weaverham, Cheshire
Tunisian crochet is considered a mixture of knitting and crochet, although you don’t need any experience of either to learn this craft. This Tunisian Crochet workshop is suitable for complete beginners who have never knitted or crocheted before, or for anyone who currently knits or crochets, and would like to diversify their skill set.
This workshop teaches you how to Tunisian crochet in rows.
Tunisian Crochet Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this workshop, you will:
* Grasp the basic terminology, including the forward pass & return pass
* Know what specialised equipment is needed
* Understand how your hook size, tension, and yarn weight affects the outcome of your finished piece
* Be able to cast a foundation chain and complete the first-row forward pass (using the simple stitch)
* Successfully complete the return pass, and continue in rows using the simple stitch
* (Skill permitting) Complete or observe the method of the Tunisian knit stitch, reverse stich & double simple stitch
* Learn how to cast (bind) off and finish your piece
You will need:
It is important not to deviate from the above recommendations, as these will help you to see your stitches clearer and learn with the most suitable sized hook and yarn weight.