Before starting our Level 2 – Advanced Beginner’s Crochet workshop, you must have successfully completed the Level 1 – Beginner’s Crochet workshop. You will need to practice the basic stitches, working in rows.
Level 2 – Advanced Beginner’s Crochet is the next step on your learn-to-crochet journey. Aimed at those who are competent in creating a row of single crochet (US) and are ready to progress to work in the round.
- Create a magic ring to start
- Use an alternative to the magic ring, and know which one suits your pattern best
- Work in the round using basic stitches
- Joining the round and the fake stitch
- How to increase
- How to decrease
- Stitch count and using a stitch marker
From here you will be able to build your skill level in order to create 3D spherical pieces, such as toys and teddys. You will also be able to create 2D patterns in the form of coasters, doilies, and the versatile granny square.
The posibilities are endless! Once you have learned to crochet with basic stitches in the round as well as the row, you can try many different patterns that are available and have a go for yourself.
Each workshop lasts for 2 hours and is delivered in-person or live online via Zoom. The sessions are charged per person and include an Advanced Beginner’s Guide to Crochet as well as after-class support.
If you are left handed, this will not affect your learning capability. Crochet is an ambidextrous craft and can be taught in the same way to both right and left handed people. If you already crochet in a left-handed manner, please email us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements and how we can best accommodate you.
The materials that you will need are as follows:
- 4mm or 5mm crochet hook (recommended for this workshop)
- Light coloured cotton DK yarn
- Stitch markers
For all your yarn, hook, crochet, and craft supplies, visit our amazing partners at Lovecrafts.
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, November 22, 2023 – Beginners Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, November 23, 2023 – Beginner's Crochet Online - Level 1
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, November 24, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, November 25, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Online - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, December 1, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Online - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am, December 2, 2023 – Kids Crochet Online - Level 1