Level 1 – Beginner’s Crochet is the first step on your learn-to-crochet journey. This workshop is suitable for complete beginners who have never crocheted before, or for anyone who may have crocheted in the past but has forgotten the main technique and the basic stitches.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Know the difference between US and UK terminology
- Understand how your hook size, tension and yarn weight affects the outcome of your finished piece
- Be able to cast a foundation chain
- Complete a row of single crochet stitches (US)
- Practice the correct way to turn and continue the next row
- Take home your new hook and yarn to continue your work at home
- Skill permitting: Complete a row of double/treble crochet stitches (US) and/or observe the method
Each workshop lasts for 2 hours and is delivered in-person or live online via Zoom. The sessions are charged per person and can include a starter kit if specified as well as a Beginner’s Guide to Crochet and after-class support.
If you are left handed, this will not affect your learning capability. Crochet is an ambidextrous craft and can be taught in the same way to both right and left handed people.
Once you have successfully completed our Level 1 – Beginner’s Crochet, and you have practiced your competency; you can progress to our Level 2 – Advanced Beginner’s Crochet workshop.
The materials that you will need are as follows:
- 4mm or 5mm crochet hook
- Light coloured cotton DK yarn
- Stitch markers
For all your yarn, hook, crochet, and craft supplies, visit our amazing partners at Lovecrafts.
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, June 4, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Online - Level 1
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, June 4, 2023 – Tunisian Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm, June 5, 2023 – Kids Crochet Cheshire - Level 1
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, June 7, 2023 – Beginner's Crochet Online - Level 1
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, June 8, 2023 – Left-handed Crochet Cheshire - Level 1